Friday, October 7, 2011

Food Waste Friday and a Treat!

Hey everyone!

So I've been extremely busy with midterms, and I am very disappointed that my only posts in 3 weeks have been Food Waste Friday posts. I'm going to try to post more next week, because next week is Fall Break! I'm sad I don't get to come home, but I think relaxing on campus will be pretty fun too!

Anyway, this is what I wasted:


The reason I had to waste these is because they were just bad to begin with. The carrots were dry and they tasted bad and so did the apple. This is probably because the Dining Center was trying to get rid of their last produce before break, so it was borderline-bad anyway. It looks extra disgusting here because I waited until the next morning to take a picture.

But on the bright side, I got a lovely package today! This was extremely exciting for me because I wasn't expecting it. Also, this homemade granola shaped leaf is just super impressive:


I also got a tiny pumpkin, gum, and mini post its. If any of you readers out there know any college students, I think I can safely say that they would love to get a surprise package from you, even if it isn't as fancy as a homemade granola leaf. It's the thought that counts!

Have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your fall break. I hope you don't have too many projects or papers to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @live and learn

    Thanks! I do have some work, but I don't think it will be too bad. I'm excited to get to work on some fun projects and art I've been meaning to find the time for!

    ReplyDelete