Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving in Virginia

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted anything in awhile, but the semester is coming to a close, and I'll be coming home Wednesday, December 14th!  As much as I love Haverford, I really miss St. Louis and all of you family and friends at home. I've been working very hard too, so I need a break. It's truly a blessing that I get to come home for a whole month!

Because I couldn't come home for Thanksgiving break, I went to Blacksburg, Virginia to visit my Aunt Felicia, Uncle Dick, and my cousin, Galen. I'd never been to their house before, nor have I been to Virginia, so it was pretty exciting! My dad, Grammy, and Papa all drove from St. Louis to come for Thanksgiving too.

On Thanksgiving, we went for a relatively tame hike in the mountains, and I saw some of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen.


I brought my camera, but I forgot to take pictures. Uncle Dick had a much nicer camera anyway though, and this also meant I actually got to be in some of the pictures.






This is just a snapshot of my holiday in Virginia. I also learned how to knit (I accomplished a substantial amount on my scarf) and tried Yoga for the first time (What a workout!) I had a relaxing enjoyable time; I hope you can say the same for your holiday!

How was your Thanksgiving? Where did you go, and what did you do? Leave a reply in the comments box below!

No comments:

Post a Comment