Friday, December 30, 2011

Making the Most of My Winter Break

I can't believe my winter break is almost half over! Now that I've had ample time to be with friends and family, there are a few things I want to get done before I start my second semester. Here's a list of some of those things. I'm hoping that making it public will help get me motivated!

Practice wheel throwing and finish some artwork. Since I will be teaching some ceramics classes in the spring, I need to get as much practice in as possible. I went the entire first semester without throwing, so I need to get back into the swing of things!

Find homes for my artwork. I have a lot more artwork than I can handle. I'd like to find good homes for my sculptures, bottles, and pots. When I'm selling or giving away my work, people always ask me, "Well don't you want to keep that?" As much as I enjoy making the work, I could not possibly display and store all of the artwork I will make from now until eternity.

I also really love the thought of my artwork making it's way into the homes of family, friends, and strangers across the country. I have artwork in Philadelphia, Virginia, Kansas City, and St. Louis (obviously). How cool is that?

Here is  one little guy that needs a home:


Finish knitting my scarf. I've been working on the same scarf since Thanksgiving, and I'd like to finish it soon so I can start learning to knit more complicated things!

Practice my sewing skills and make more bags. So our sewing machine is getting taken to the shop, and I've been using the one at my Nana's house. Hopefully ours will get fixed soon--that will make it a lot more convenient for me to practice!


Clean up the backyard and tend to my compost. 



Before Fall Break, I said to my mom, "I wish I could come home. I'd rake the entire yard for you!" I enjoy yard work. Though my mom wished I could have come home (and not just because of my offering of yard work), it wasn't feasible. When I came home for Winter Break I got a surprise--my mom left the entire back yard untouched. So I get to rake up all the leaves for my compost. Yay!

Clean up the garden.



Enough said.

Finish "The Tightwad Gazette II". The trouble with library books is that I can't take them back to school with me. I'd like to finish this one before I go back.

Go to the Value Village monthly half off sale. Since it's winter, I can't go to garage sales and I've been itching to go. The storewide half off sale once a month at Value Village is almost as good. Hopefully I'll find some cool furniture for my mom to refurbish!

Cook up some recipes I've been wanting to try. I want to try recipes for making my own crackers and other items people typically just buy from the store.

Research internship opportunities and apply. Haverford pretty much has more resources than they know what to do with. I want to take full advantage of them.

So that's my list. Hopefully typing it out and making it public will help me get more done! What's on your To Do List?

No comments:

Post a Comment